Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday Morning Shopping

I enjoy walking around my neighborhood on Saturday mornings. So many people are out and about, doing their weekly shopping. In the US, this would mostly mean driving to the grocery store and Target. Not here.

Here, you might start at the butcher...
... or the other butcher...
...then go to a bakery.
If you want fruits and vegetables, you have several options. You can go to a shop...
...or a market stand.
Just don't actually touch the food. The shop owner will do that for you, choosing your produce, putting it in a bag, and weighing it.
Next might be the store-that's-like-a-drug-store-except-it-doesn't-sell-medicine. This is for paper products, cleaning supplies, shampoo, cosmetics, etc.
Now, we start to get specialized. You can go to the fish store...
... or the milk store. Seriously. They sell milk, cheese, yogurt, butter, and stuffed toy cows.
After that, you'll probably need a gelato break.
Or, you could just go to Coop.

3 comments:

  1. I have no idea why some of the text is turning blue, or how to make it stop doing that. It doesn't mean anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WANT A TOY COW!

    Of course, I realize I can get perfectly fine toy cows in the states. But they sound much cooler in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you come to Italy, I'll take you to the milk store. We can buy a cow.

    ReplyDelete